Stewart EFI produces a wide variety of slide formed stampings for a broad range of industries, and is recognized as an innovative, reliable and well-respected supplier of complex components. The slide forming operation allows for complex shapes and numerous bends and affords material savings by utilizing raw stock edge.
Stewart EFI offers a wide variety of slide forming equipment including over 35 four-slide, multi-slide and verti-slide machines produced by US Baird, Nilson, Bihler, Finzer, Torin and Sleeper-Hartley.
The benefits of utilizing Stewart EFI for your Slide Forming applications:
- Engineering and design support to jointly design or redesign your component to minimize cost, maximize quality and facilitate the quickest and easiest application of the stamped component into your product. (VA / VE)
- Extensive pre-production planning and analysis (APQP)
- Dedicated and separate new tooling development and production tooling maintenance areas
- Robust designs including precise strip and part control and utilizing design to cost principles
- Dies are designed with modular and often interchangeable components to increase run sizes, reduce maintenance time and therefore minimize non-value added down time.
- Utilization of sophisticated electronic, mechanical, optical and magnetic sensors for die protection, defect detection and part measurement as well as integrated press monitoring systems to ensure part quality
- Lowest total cost stamped components in the industry
- Long term high quality consistency
- Quicker response time and shorter deliveries.
- Extensive highly skilled and experienced technical and support staff
- Tools guaranteed for life of part
- In-press tapping or threading of one or more holes for parts later requiring screw insertion
- Ability to automatically attach, in-press, two or more components through mechanical staking or welding
- Minimize material utilization